Hey everyone, Happy Memorial Day!! I hope you all are enjoying yours with family and friends. Ours is a busy one putting my new studio together. I wanted to share a post of the projects we created this past Saturday at my Retirement Card Party. I have to start with those adorable treat holders. Since it was the start of the holiday weekend, I went with a red, white and blue theme. I used the 2018/2020 In Colors, Blueberry Bushel and Lovely Lipstick and the paper is from the In Color DSP. I created the boxes using the soon to be retiring Envelope Punch Board. I originally saw the pattern for these from fellow demonstrator, Angie Juda. Here is the link to the video that shows you how to create them. Now her video shows the scoring measurements at 1 1/4″ and 4″, but she says 1 1/2″ and 4″ and that’s what I went with.
- To create the box, you need a 6″ x 6″ piece of DSP or cardstock and score at 1 1/2″ and then slide it over and score at 4″. (I’m using some of the gingham dsp as it’s easier to see the score lines)
- Rotate the paper 90 degrees and start your next score line by matching the score lines with the little leg on the speech bubble part of the punch on the board. Do that on the remaining two sides of the paper.
- Once all 4 sides are punched and scored, fold on all the score lines.
- You’ll notice that there are two wider corners and two slim sides. On the wide side, cut at the score lines all the way to the first horizontal line on both ends of the paper.
- Glue the two slim points down towards the inside of the box and then add adhesive to the two flaps to create the box. If you’re putting heavier items, use Tear and Tape. I used the last of my Fast Fuse.
- Fold up the longer side of the paper and adhere the to flaps on the inside to create one side of the box.
- Repeat on the other side and you’ve created the box.
I used the Label Me Pretty Stamp Set and the Pretty Label Punch to create the labels. They fit perfectly! Now with them sitting side by side like that, can you see the flag? 🙂 I used Blueberry Bushel and Lovely Lipstick inks and the same color cardstocks punched with the 1 3/4″ circle punch, which is also retiring.
I used a retired hole punch at the top to add the Classic Weave ribbon, tied it in a knot and then added a bow in either the Blueberry Bushel or the Lovely Lipstick to finish it off. So much fun!! And I filled them with some the little mini Snickers, 3 Musketeers and Milky Way candies. Cuz we all know we need chocolate when we’re crafting!!
Here’s a look at each of the cards we created:
We used the Butterfly Gala bundle, which the bundle pricing is retiring, the Lemon Zest stamp set and punch, the Touches of Texture stamp set, the Lovely As A Tree and Life is Grand stamp sets. It was a really fun morning.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!!